DCNY blog: The Diocese of Central New York Way
...In three cases, St. Andrew’s, Syracuse, St. Andrew’s, Vestal, and Good Shepherd, Binghamton, the Diocese has sued two parishes and is saddled with the expenses of two church buildings in Vestal (the one of the three not sued). What does the diocese have to show for their efforts? They have the legal expenses from two lawsuits, one settled and one ongoing and the proceeds from the sale of the rectory in Vestal. Considering that the rectory sold for $145,000, the diocese is operating at a loss thus far from its hostile approach. The diocesan loss is in both financial and in reputation. Of course, the diocese has been steadily losing reputation since at least the failed persecution of Fr. David Bollinger. Legal expenses will mount up as the diocese prepares to wage legal war against Good Shepherd.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A Fabulous Resource for Same-Sex-Attracted Christians and Their Friends & Allies
- Rump Diocese Tries “Hail Mary” Pass in South Carolina
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Grown Methodist Children Throw Temper Tantrum
- Dan Savage is right
- Methodist Pastor Found Guilty, Gets Wrist Slapped
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.