[Bumped For Obvious Reasons] Church Times: Sydney Votes for Diaconal and Lay Presidency
Why do this now?
...The motion was passed unamended, and, the Sydney diocesan website reported, “overwhelmingly”. It read:
(a) accepts the report concerning legal barriers to lay and diaconal administration of the Lord’s Supper which was submitted to the 3rd session of the 47th Synod, and
(b) affirms again its conviction that lay and diaconal administration of the Lord’s Supper is consistent with the teaching of Scripture, and
(c) affirms that the Lord’s Supper in this diocese may be administered by persons other than presbyters, and requests the Diocesan Secretary to send a copy of The Lord’s Supper in Human Hands to all bishops who attended the GAFCON.
Personally, while I understand the biblical arguments and grant that they have merit (though I do not entirely agree), I think this is a disastrous decision. How can we criticize TEC for taking steps beyond agreed upon standards when we turn and do the same?
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Campus Speech Nazis Strike Again
- Disagreement w/ EpiscoLeft = “homicide by a motor vehicle while impaired”
- Imagine that. (And happy birthday, Dante).
- [Reposted From Memorial Day] What do we mean when we say “God Bless America”
- Mainline Anti-Semite: Israel Committing a “Holocaust”
- Ireland the Latest Domino to Fall
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.