Pope Announces Plans For Anglicans To Convert En Masse
The Vatican has announced that Pope Benedict is setting up special provision for Anglicans, including married clergy, who want to convert to Rome together, preserving aspects of Anglican liturgy. They will be given their own pastoral supervision, according to this press release from the Vatican:
“In this Apostolic Constitution the Holy Father has introduced a canonical structure that provides for such corporate reunion by establishing Personal Ordinariates which will allow former Anglicans to enter full communion with the Catholic Church while preserving elements of the distinctive Anglican spiritual and liturgical patrimony.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Mainline Anti-Semite: Israel Committing a “Holocaust”
- Ireland the Latest Domino to Fall
- Latest on Gay Propaganda and Its Effect
- A Word on Martha and Mary
- “It does not happen in my diocese with my permission”: Bishop Bruno, to the New York Times reporter
- Failure of TEC LGBT Strategy in One Easy Blog
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.