Pope Announces Plans For Anglicans To Convert En Masse
The Vatican has announced that Pope Benedict is setting up special provision for Anglicans, including married clergy, who want to convert to Rome together, preserving aspects of Anglican liturgy. They will be given their own pastoral supervision, according to this press release from the Vatican:
“In this Apostolic Constitution the Holy Father has introduced a canonical structure that provides for such corporate reunion by establishing Personal Ordinariates which will allow former Anglicans to enter full communion with the Catholic Church while preserving elements of the distinctive Anglican spiritual and liturgical patrimony.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Thoughts on veiled crosses
- But I don’t want all that doom and gloom with my Easter!
- ARDF - Mothers Day 2014
- Dr. Al Mohler: “The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife and the State of Modern Scholarship”
- Without Penal Substitution there is Despair in Morality
- The House of Lords: “It is a Silly Place”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.