Pope Announces Plans For Anglicans To Convert En Masse
The Vatican has announced that Pope Benedict is setting up special provision for Anglicans, including married clergy, who want to convert to Rome together, preserving aspects of Anglican liturgy. They will be given their own pastoral supervision, according to this press release from the Vatican:
“In this Apostolic Constitution the Holy Father has introduced a canonical structure that provides for such corporate reunion by establishing Personal Ordinariates which will allow former Anglicans to enter full communion with the Catholic Church while preserving elements of the distinctive Anglican spiritual and liturgical patrimony.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Are You Willing to be Chipped?
- [CofE] A Storm is Brewing in Southwark Diocese
- Can We Call Stephen Sizer an Anti-Semite Now? (UPDATED)
- Justin Welby on Social Media: We Speak Publicly. You Respond Privately.
- Christianity as Hallmark Card (UPDATED)
- Mere Anglicanism 2015: a Report (II)
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.