Dean Munday: Healing the Fault Lines in Christianity
I have long maintained that what unites Anglo-Catholics and Evangelicals is far greater than that which separates them. The simple tenets of the Apostles and Nicene Creeds are more than sufficient grounds for a very formidable unity:
# belief in and worship of the triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
# the Incarnation of the Son in the Person of Jesus Christ,
# His virgin birth, atoning death, and resurrection,
# the Holy Spirit and His work in the life and ministry of the Church,
# belief that there is one holy catholic and apostolic Church,
# that there is a resurrection of the body and everlasting life for all who believe these things
This much (and more) we have in common already, and it is of major consequence in establishing both our unity and the basis for our proclamation to the world.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Mainline Anti-Semite: Israel Committing a “Holocaust”
- Ireland the Latest Domino to Fall
- Latest on Gay Propaganda and Its Effect
- A Word on Martha and Mary
- “It does not happen in my diocese with my permission”: Bishop Bruno, to the New York Times reporter
- Failure of TEC LGBT Strategy in One Easy Blog
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.