BREAKING: Diocese of Los Angeles Elects Non-Celibate Lesbian As Suffragan Bishop
Larry Benfield, Bishop of Arkansas, on the passage of D025 at this years General Convention [the comments are a must read]:
The resolution that came out of the House of Bishops was a statement of the variety of places that the Episcopal Church finds itself today; it did not repudiate the statement of the last General Convention, that urged restraint on the part of standing committees and bishops as they gave consent to the sort of people considered for ordination as bishops.
Katherine Jefforts Schori and Bonnie Anderson, Presiding Bishop and President of the House of Deputies, in a letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury on the passage of D025 at this year’s General Convention:
Some are concerned that the adoption of Resolution D025 has effectively repealed Resolution B033. That is not the case. This General Convention has not repealed Resolution B033. It remains to be seen how Resolution B033 will be understood and interpreted in light of Resolution D025.
And five months later . . . “It Remains To Be Seen” No Longer Remains To Be Seen.
Here are the results of the 7th ballot...
Glasspool: Clergy: 153 Lay: 203
Vasquez: Clergy: 87 Lay: 177
Necessary to win: Clergy: 123 Lay:193
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Bumped from 08] The Anglican Communion & the Trajectory We Are On
- Carl Trueman Critiques Evangelical Strategy and Behaviour in the Church of Scotland
- An Alumnus of VTS Writes: “An Instant Classic! The Re-Invention of Virginia Theological Seminary”
- What Happened at General Synod II: Archbishop’s Presidential Address
- Just a Few Reminders About Bishop Ted Gulick of Kentucky & the Fort Worth Entity
- Cyanide in the Tylenol: The Marketing Issues Confronting Traditional Episcopal Dioceses & Parishes
- Non-Updates on the Primates Meeting
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.