Some requests and notes about the Synod vote
Five quick notes prefaced by some requests:
Requests: Please Read The Resolution. Do exegesis; not isogesis. Please resist the temptation to read your wishes and desires into the text.
1. The motion does not “affirm” the ACNA.
2. The motion does not “affirm” that the ACNA is part of the Anglican Communion.
3. The motion “affirms” a “desire” . Translation: Ohhh, how sweet that you want to be my boyfriend. I “affirm” your desire.
4. The motion does not refer to the ACNA as a whole but to the desire of “those who formed” the ACNA.
5. The motion does not affirm the desire of “those who formed the ACNA” to remain in “the Anglican Communion”, but rather, it affirms their desire to remain a part of the Anglican “family”. Arguably, anyone who prays with a prayerbook and wears a robe of some kind could be considered a member of the “Anglican Family”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.