Al Mohler: The Inerrancy of Scripture: The Fifty Years’ War . . . and Counting
...Back in 1990, theologian J. I. Packer recounted what he called a “Thirty Years’ War” over the inerrancy of the Bible. He traced his involvement in this war in its American context back to a conference held in Wenham, Massachusetts in 1966, when he confronted some professors from evangelical institutions who “now declined to affirm the full truth of Scripture.” That was nearly fifty years ago, and the war over the truthfulness of the Bible is still not over — not by a long shot.
From time to time, the dust has settled in one arena, only for the battle to erupt in another. In the 1970s, the most visible battles were fought over Fuller Theological Seminary and within the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod…more
Inerrancy is such an important doctrine. I make sure that any seminary candidate we send forward upholds Inerrancy and I do my best to place them in Anglican schools and/or programs that uphold the same.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Sydney Archbishop Glenn Davies Calls Christians to Gracious Engagement in Marriage Debate
- Can We Call Them Anti-Semitic Yet? (UPDATED)
- Sierra Club President Unable to Articulate Original Thought
- Rain, Rain - Go Away
- Derailed Theology Leads to Train Wreck
- Bishop in Sweden Proposes Church Remove all Christian Symbols to Create Space for Muslims
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.