“Host Consumption”—ELCA Continues To Contract
It’s sad to watch other denominations self-destruct just as TEC has done. In an email from North Carolina, someone commented that his small county has 16 Lutheran churches—some voting to leave, some staying but splitting, and some in the process of voting. An entire county’s denominational heritage up in smoke—and this is happening county by county.
Increasingly desperate denominational leaders are, in the meantime, hoping to make the leaving process more difficult, for rather obvious reasons, at the August ELCA Churchwide Assembly. You can read about the proposed changes at this blog post from late last year over at Lutheran CORE’s blog. Note this section also:
The ELCA announced Nov. 3 that nearly 300 congregations have already completed the required two votes to leave the ELCA and 140 additional congregations have taken a first vote but have not yet taken their second vote.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Man No One Listens To Keeps Talking
- WCC Predictably Blames Israel
- The Anti-Israel Worms in the Evangelical Apple
- Lament for One, Invisibility for Three (UPDATED and CORRECTED)
- PCUSA Anti-Semites Outed on Closed Facebook Page
- PCUSA to Jews: Please Ignore the Dagger in Israel’s Back
- Houston, we have a problem
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.