[UK] Katharine Jefferts Schori ‘embellishes’ her CV to become the first female primate of the AC
I find it completely fascinating that this well-known issue with the Presiding Bishop’s CV has cropped up again, this time over at a UK blog. You simply must read the blog and the comments—fun reading.
The fact that Katherine Jefferts Schori embellished her credentials was well-known and discussed copiously on blogs in 2006. Two blogs that had a heap of fun with it—the old Classical Anglican Net News and T19 [back before it was at its current website address] don’t have the posts from 2006 up so we’ve lost those links—which were pretty fun. But the news was distributed widely across blogland.
Now—this issue is being [happily] publicized over on the wonderful Cranmer’s blog with a bit of new news—which is that the PB and her staff are *still* concerned enough over the mention of her being “Dean” of a “school of theology” on her CV to run around attempting to edit her wiki page.
That’s a truly enthralling tidbit of news to me.
But I still wonder why it is of interest *now*. The truth is, folks, we all knew about the PB’s little issue with her CV—and it was clear that the liberals and revisionists currently in charge of TEC simply didn’t care about it.
So it’s a bit like folks trumpeting that Frank Griswold signed off on the 2003 emergency Primates meeting communique.
Revisionist activists in TEC lie.
Nobody really cares about that—it’s expected and assumed.
Don’t get me wrong—I’m glad it’s getting noticed again. But I don’t see why that’s so.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- CofE bishop Alan Wilson takes low road in same sex rite debate
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.