Radical Islamic Group Opens Shariah Court In Belgium
A shariah court has been established in Antwerp, Belgium to handle marriage disputes and inheritance issues if requested by the parties involved in lieu of a civil court hearing.
The courted opened at the insistence of a radical Islamic group called “Sharia 4 Belgium,” according the Belgian news outlet Het Laatste Nieuws (HLN).
HLN news listed the following as the responsibilities of the Center for Islamic Services in Borgerhout:
“It handles all cases of divorces, annulling marriages, reconciliations or matrimonial disputes in accordance with the Shariah of Allah, and can deliver a certificate where necessary.”
Monica De Coninck, Alderman for Diversity in Antwerp, has said that in itself it’s a good thing that religious groups mediate their communities. The court cannot pass sentences, it merely acts as a “moderator” in the types of cases mentioned above (think “Judge Judy” in the United States, in which small claims court is replaced with binding arbitration).
De Coninck did concede, however, that it would have been better if this particular Shariah court weren’t championed by radical fundamentalists– in this case, with a history of calling for the Islamization of Europe and support for the proclamation of Al Qaeda terrorist Anwar Awlaki.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- State Dpt., MSM bail on Benghazi, BUT!
- CBS retreats to party line on Benghazi
- Benghazi: CBS exposes government foreknowledge of the attack
- Who Will Speak Out Against Islamic Violence against Christians and Others?
- Saturday morning prayers for the persecuted church
- CANA Bishop writes President Obama on danger to Syria’s Christians
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.