OFF-TOPIC & POLITICAL: Did You Know Romney Was A Global Warming Advocate?
The 2012 elections are a year away. While the media and the establishment have made clear who they want to be the republican nominee, America might want to do their own investigation into who should carry that mantle.
In other words, the Romney administration in 2005 essentially did what Barack Obama’s EPA wants to do now. He imposed CO2 emission caps — the “toughest in the nation” — in an effort to curtail traditional energy production. Not only did Romney impose these costly new regulations, he then imposed price caps to keep power companies from passing the cost along to the consumer. As we have seen in RomneyCare, regulation and price controls eventually drive businesses into bankruptcy or relocation.
So what has happened to Massachusetts’ electrical production since signing these regulations into law? According to the EIA, whose latest data is for 2009, it dropped 18% in four years, from over 46 billion megawatt hours to 38 billion. International imports, however, went from 697 million megawatt hours in 2006 to 4.177 billion megawatt hours two years later, and to almost 5 billion megawatt hours in 2009, more than twice the amount imported in any of the previous twenty years.
And who advised Romney on these regulations? Why, none other than Obama’s chief science adviser, John Holdren:
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Trial in South Carolina: Day 10 - ECUSA’s Witness again Barred from Rendering Undisclosed Opinions
- Time for Christians to Get Out of Federal Contracting
- Islam in the News: Threatening Christians and Cutting off Hands
- Dr. Al Mohler on Church of England Decision to Ordain Women Bishops
- “Women Priests in their Sights”? - or “liberals in Australia running scared”
- Trial in South Carolina: Day 9 - a Day of Contradictions
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.