Two Arrested in Connnection with UK Anglican Child Abuse Investigation
Two men in their 70s were arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of sexual abuse of young men and children as police investigate claims of abuses by Church of England vicars decades ago.
Sussex police said that child protection detectives had been investigating the allegations for six months after a confidential review by former top judge Elizabeth Butler-Sloss of abuse claims in the Diocese of Chichester.
The arrests come two days after the Church of England said it was “deeply sorry” for allowing a convicted paedophile to be ordained as a priest in the same diocese in 1966.
The entire article can be read here.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Archbishop Welby Struggles with a Greater Truth
- BREAKING: Australian Bishops Agree to Strengthened Protocol
- RIP Ugley Vicar
- Oz: Bishop John McIntyre (Gippsland) to Seek to Change Bishops’ Protocol on Human Sexuality
- Dean John Shepherd: “The Author of Hebrews is Grasping at Straws”
- Stretching the Limits of Diversity? Melbourne Diocese has Denier of Christ’s Resurrection as Speaker
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.