Two Arrested in Connnection with UK Anglican Child Abuse Investigation
Two men in their 70s were arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of sexual abuse of young men and children as police investigate claims of abuses by Church of England vicars decades ago.
Sussex police said that child protection detectives had been investigating the allegations for six months after a confidential review by former top judge Elizabeth Butler-Sloss of abuse claims in the Diocese of Chichester.
The arrests come two days after the Church of England said it was “deeply sorry” for allowing a convicted paedophile to be ordained as a priest in the same diocese in 1966.
The entire article can be read here.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- GAFCON Primates’ Communiqué April 2015
- BREAKING: Good Friday Statement from Archbishop Eliud of Kenya
- Nigerian bishop to be the Anglican Communion’s next Secretary General
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Ashley Null
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Archbishop Eliud Wabukala of Kenya
- [Oz & NZ] Anglican Future Conference Begins
- [CofE] A Southwark “Apology” - Why Much More is Needed from Goddard and the Bishop
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.