Former NASA Specialist Claims He Was Fired Over Intelligent Design
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory has landed robotic explorers on the surface of Mars, sent probes to outer planets and operates a worldwide network of antennas that communicates with interplanetary spacecraft.
Its latest mission is defending itself in a workplace lawsuit filed by a former computer specialist who claims he was demoted—and then let go—for promoting his views on intelligent design, the belief that a higher power must have had a hand in creation because life is too complex to have developed through evolution alone.
David Coppedge, who worked as a “team lead” on the Cassini mission exploring Saturn and its many moons, alleges that he was discriminated against because he engaged his co-workers in conversations about intelligent design and handed out DVDs on the idea while at work. Coppedge lost his “team lead” title in 2009 and was let go last year after 15 years on the mission.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Those Ignorant Christians
- Evangelical Syncretizes with Gaia Religion
- NOAA Quietly Reinstates July 1936 As Warmest Month on Record
- Is Your Local Police Force Using High Tech Equipment to Track You?
- And the Golden Pinocchio Award Goes To…
- U.S. consensus shifts - do they even matter?
- The False Conflict between Reason and Faith
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.