++Rowan: High Tide of New Atheism Has Passed
Rarely do I feel a need to defend Rowan Williams, but he’s really getting savaged by the atheists in the comments over at this Guardian article:
“Recent years have seen so many high-profile assaults on the alleged evils of religion that we’ve almost become used to them; we sigh and pass on, wishing that we could have a bit more of a sensible debate and a bit less hysteria. But there are a few signs that the climate is shifting ever so slightly,” he said at Canterbury cathedral.
Some sense from the archbishop? Yessss!!! I am STOKED, because I was thinking how AW DANG:
Contrasting the “hysteria” of “aggressive polemic against religious faith” with an increasing recognition among “serious and liberal-minded commentators”, he said faith was no longer seen as “a brainless and oppressive enemy” but recognised as a potential ally against a greedy and individualistic way of life that feels “increasingly insane”.
Translation: Hey everybody, let’s #Occupy Christianity!
Yes indeed, we sigh and pass on.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- Pray for the Ugley Vicar
- Rev. Rod Bower of Gosford: Jesus Didn’t Die for Our Sins and Atheists can be “Kingdom People”
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- A Statement Concerning the Consecration of Rev Dr Sarah Macneil in the Anglican Diocese of Grafton
- 60 Theses on Real Integrity in the Anglican Church
- The Church of England: Permitting Pastoral Malpractice
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.