Archbishop Wabukala Withdraws Support from Bishop Murphy’s New Thing
I was surprised to learn that Archbishop Wabukala had thrown his support behind Bishop Murphy’s new thing. Perhaps he was surprised too? Here’s Bishop Murphy’s announcement of the Archbishop’s withdrawal:
I received word this morning via email that Archbishop Eliud Wabukala has withdrawn from the College of Consultors for the Anglican Mission. I am obviously disappointed, but I am certain that he has been under enormous pressure from many in the GAFCON leadership. Our commitment to move forward with our vision to position the AMiA as a ‘Society of Mission,’ and to hold the necessary convocation to ratify a formal Constitution and Statutes on June 4th in order to give shape and order to our common life in the Mission, will continue.”
This is good news. And, whatever the backstory, a wise move for ++Wabukala. The Murphyite group should be given no legitimacy in the Communion until there is public repentance.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Ashley Null
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Archbishop Eliud Wabukala of Kenya
- [Oz & NZ] Anglican Future Conference Begins
- GAFCON and Global South Primates Issue Joint Statement
- Sydney Anglican Synod Motion on Anglican Communion
- The GAFCON/FCA Tea Party
- The Unraveling of the Anglican Communion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.