Medical Study: restricting abortion does NOT lead to increased maternal mortality
“In Chile, therapeutic abortion was prohibited in 1989 ... While over 50% of all abortion-related hospitalizations were attributable to complications of clandestine abortions during the 1960s, this proportion decreased rapidly in the following decades. Indeed, only 12-19% of all hospitalization from abortion can be attributable to clandestine abortions between 2001 and 2008. These data suggest that over time, restrictive laws may have a restraining effect on the practice of abortion and promote its decrease. In fact, Chile exhibits today one of the lowest abortion-related maternal deaths in the world, with a 92.3% decrease since 1989 and a 99.1% accumulated decrease over 50 years.”
Significant research. Again and again, science itself refutes the lies needed to prop up abortionist ideology. Have this study on hand next time somebody says, “But if you restrict abortion, women will die by millions in back alley coathanger abortions!”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Commercial Dares to Portray Unborn as Human
- Purveyors of Death Seek to Up the Ante
- Planned Parenthood Sues for Right to Dispose of Babies as Landfill Medical Waste
- Is Abortion Murder?
- Hollywood Cheers for Culture of Death
- Tolerance. A Thing of the Past?
- California Requires Pregnancy Centers to Notify Mothers of Abortion Options
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.