Birds of a Feather?
One wonders what possible Christian mission and ministry requires the General Convention of the Episcopal Church to advocate for statehood for the District of Columbia. With a host of internal problems plaguing our aging, declining denomination, sweeping resolutions directing the rest of the world’s behavior seem supremely ridiculous.
Then there’s the Washington Post’s report on the corruption that plagues DC government - not just the federal follies that go on there, but the municipal government that the Episcopal Church thinks should become the 51st state.
But then the recent and continuing fallout from The Episcopal Church’s backroom budget non-process might indicate a real affinity between church bureaucrats and sleazy municipal officials.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Christianity in Public Debate? 2 - vox populi, vox Dei?
- Christianity in Public Debate? 1 - the rejection of democracy
- So NOW Putin keeps his shirt on?
- War weary US House passes Resolution that’s sketchy on how to stop genocidal ISIS
- Elie Wiesel ad compares Hamas use of human shields to Moloch worship
- We have the right to offend one another, so deal
- Your tax dollars AND church offerings at work in TEC
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.