Birds of a Feather?
One wonders what possible Christian mission and ministry requires the General Convention of the Episcopal Church to advocate for statehood for the District of Columbia. With a host of internal problems plaguing our aging, declining denomination, sweeping resolutions directing the rest of the world’s behavior seem supremely ridiculous.
Then there’s the Washington Post’s report on the corruption that plagues DC government - not just the federal follies that go on there, but the municipal government that the Episcopal Church thinks should become the 51st state.
But then the recent and continuing fallout from The Episcopal Church’s backroom budget non-process might indicate a real affinity between church bureaucrats and sleazy municipal officials.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- TEC to sell off another church it “won”
- Sold off Seminary “Manhattan’s next buzzy event space”
- Science ‘n’ Reason Roundup
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
- Your tax dollars at work in Baltamerica
- History of Baltimore “Rough Rides” vs. Narrative Reporting
- But what if Julia is in #Baltimore? UPDATED
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.