Birds of a Feather?
One wonders what possible Christian mission and ministry requires the General Convention of the Episcopal Church to advocate for statehood for the District of Columbia. With a host of internal problems plaguing our aging, declining denomination, sweeping resolutions directing the rest of the world’s behavior seem supremely ridiculous.
Then there’s the Washington Post’s report on the corruption that plagues DC government - not just the federal follies that go on there, but the municipal government that the Episcopal Church thinks should become the 51st state.
But then the recent and continuing fallout from The Episcopal Church’s backroom budget non-process might indicate a real affinity between church bureaucrats and sleazy municipal officials.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- At terror confab, Obama SPOX calls out “Christian militants”
- Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg Forces SF Retraction
- Presiding Bishop Restricts Heather Cook under Title IV
- President’s Prayer Breakfast remarks all diagnosis, no treatment
- WaPo reports that PB Schori, others knew that Cook was drunk at consecration festivities
- Islam amplifies blasphemy
- Political Startup Ranks the Most Conservative, Liberal 2016 Candidates
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.