Do you preach heaven?
It raises an interesting issue for preachers, I think:
“When you hear people talking about Heaven, even nowadays, it’s like well, maybe there’s a field and birds tweeting and sunlight and it’s a good temperature,” she said. “But if you think about Hell you can come up with 30 images off the top of your head: There’s demons, there’s pain, there’s fire, there’s grills, there’s a devil ... “
Have you tried preaching about heaven, or heard efforts to do so?
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Imagine that. (And happy birthday, Dante).
- A Word on Martha and Mary
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
- A Prayer: Going to the tenant in my slum
- Armenian Church recognizes genocide victims as martyrs
- ANZAC Day - Learning from a Futile Battle
- Notes on Sunday Morning & Ben Carson
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.