Do you preach heaven?
It raises an interesting issue for preachers, I think:
“When you hear people talking about Heaven, even nowadays, it’s like well, maybe there’s a field and birds tweeting and sunlight and it’s a good temperature,” she said. “But if you think about Hell you can come up with 30 images off the top of your head: There’s demons, there’s pain, there’s fire, there’s grills, there’s a devil ... “
Have you tried preaching about heaven, or heard efforts to do so?
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Thoughts on veiled crosses
- But I don’t want all that doom and gloom with my Easter!
- Of God and Pizza
- John Mason (Anglican Connection) on the Historicity of Noah and the Flood
- So, how go those Lenten disciplines?
- Red Quiver: A 40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Seeking God’s Face on Ash Wednesday
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.