We need not be nuts: GC Resolution rejects anti-Israel politics
I’m not kidding. Bishop John Tarrant of South Dakota has introduced B010 (go to the link and scroll down - there’s a tab for the pdf of the resolution), which encourages investment to build up Palestinian commercial infrastructure toward a peaceful “two state” solution.
The resolution and explanatory material also:
Acknowledges the political reality that when a Palestinian State is created, this state will benefit greatly from positive economic interaction with all neighboring countries, including Israel…
Rejects boycott, disvestment or economic sanctions and other divisive and punitive measures which seek to tear down, not to build up.
Bishop Tarrant arrived at this position after a recent trip to the Holy Land, meeting with both Israelis and Palestinians, and engaging the complex web of issues that make for both conflict and peace among people there.
The progress of the resolution can be tracked at the link. It is a direct challenge to take up Christian peacemaking instead of political ideology in the church’s relationship with the State of Israel.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- California Court of Appeal Denies ECUSA’s Writ Petition
- Sex and Jihad – the Failure of Modern Hermeneutics
- No News from Texas; Sad News from Virginia
- Believing The Islamic Lie
- Another California Judge Denies Summary Relief to ECUSA (Updated)
- You win or you die
- Shiny Red Balls & Red Herrings in Upper South Carolina: Three Notes on Bishop Waldo’s Clergy Email
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.