TEC Presents Challenges for Church of England, Anglican Communion
Psst - ++Rowan. See what happens when you fail to discipline a rebellious child?
They argued against the prospect of homosexual weddings in churches and even suggested that the issue could lead to the disestablishment of the Church of England. But many within the Church have questioned the document.
Yet in a vote at the Episcopal General Convention in Indianapolis, the American House of Bishops has voted by almost three to one to adopt a special rite called “The Witnessing and Blessing of a Lifelong Covenant.” Last night it was also expected to receive the full support of other delegates.
The Convention has also approved new guidelines making it easier to ordain transsexuals as clergy.
The US votes are bound to prompt a fresh challenge within the Church of England.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] New Diocese of Gippsland Appointment Raises Fresh Concerns
- Nigeria rescues 178 from Boko Haram
- 2 New Mexico churches bombed on Lord’s Day (UPDATED)
- On Valorizing Gay Marriage: A Response to Wesley Hill
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
- Love Does Not Rejoice in Wrongdoing; A Response to Drs. Jacobs, Hill, and Prior
- 40 Questions, but only One Question is Needed
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.