Live Light in 25 Words
The goal of Bible Society Australia is the same one that Bible Societies around the world have been pursuing for some 200 years: to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible.
It’s simple and yet profound. There’s a whole sea of Christians out there who struggle to get into the discipline of reading their Bibles and here’s a great programme to help sort that out by encouraging people to commit to reading just a bit of the Bible in October.
There’s opportunities for organisations like churches and schools to sign up corporately and a whole raft of great resources, partners and events to help you along the way. They’re also arranging for Christian leaders to produce devotionals based on their own 25 word readings over the month.
I love ideas like this. They demonstrate the simple and yet profound conviction of evangelicals that God does His work by the reading of His Word illumined by the Spirit. The Bible Society knocks it out of the park. Again.
Get yourself over to 25 Words.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Handel’s Messiah - An Annotated Libretto
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.