Hey, Lookie Here At What Bishop Benhase *Doesn’t* Mention In His General Convention Postlude
Make sure you read the entire piece, so that we can all learn not to engage in “reckless hyperbole.” But hey—so eager is he not to indulge in reckless hyperbole, that the good bishop fails to mention two *canonical changes* that were enacted at this General Convention. He mentions the budget thingy, and the re-structuring thingy, and even the same sex provisional rite thingy . . . but there’s something important that happened that he didn’t think he’d mention. Do you think he hopes that if he doesn’t say it out loud that parishioners won’t notice?
By now many of you have heard various news reports and opinion pieces about our Church’s 77th General Convention. Not surprisingly, I have read many exaggerated reports and some that are just plain wrong.
Why do you think he didn’t mention it in his little post-General Convention update?
And actually, there are quite a few revisionist bishops who have mysteriously chosen not to mention the passage of these two canonical changes in their little reports back to their dioceses.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A Fabulous Resource for Same-Sex-Attracted Christians and Their Friends & Allies
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Rump Diocese Tries “Hail Mary” Pass in South Carolina
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Grown Methodist Children Throw Temper Tantrum
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- Methodist Pastor Found Guilty, Gets Wrist Slapped
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.