A Treasure Trove of Resources—Why ObamaCare Will Fail: A Reading List
The Mises Institute has put together more than 40 resources of analysis on healthcare and the deep flaws of central planning in that industry. Head on over and click on a few links:
The Supreme Court today upheld “Obamacare,” a massive economic intervention ostensibly designed to cure the ills of American healthcare. Of course those ills were themselves caused by intervention, and this “cure” will only make the situation even worse. The “cycle of interventionism” Mises warned us about continues to intensify.
As Murray Rothbard wrote,
Our very real medical crisis has been the product of massive government intervention, state and federal, throughout the century; in particular, an artificial boosting of demand coupled with an artificial restriction of supply. The result has been accelerating high prices and deterioration of patient care. And next, socialized medicine could easily bring us to the vaunted medical status of the Soviet Union: everyone has the right to free medical care, but there is, in effect, no medicine and no care.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Never Let a Tragedy Go to Waste
- They lived not only in ages past (South Sudan news)
- More from the IX Commandment beat
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Hey Anglicans, hearing the Benghazi testimony, how ‘bout that IX Commandment?
- Better headgear or wii to prevent terrorism
- Gay marriage ‘key factor’ in Tory Eastleigh defeat
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.