More Proof We Need More Conservatives in Congress
Yes, this is two-month-old news from Red State—but important:
Every Republican swears up and down that he/she supports limited government, a balanced budget, and free markets. Yet, once again, only a fraction of Republicans in Washington were able to stand for those ideals. The House and Senate passed the Obama highway bill/student loan stimulus on Friday with overwhelming majorities in both houses of Congress. [Read more about the bill here and here.] ...
... Just 52 Republicans, 21% of the conference, voted against this budget buster, which violated several tenets of the GOP Pledge to America. Only 19 Republicans in the Senate voted no.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Ohio State U. research challenges Obamacare assumption
- Dan Savage is right
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- Cold War Veteran non-heroic reflection
- The Authoritarian Dan Savage - “Compulsory Abortion for 30 Years”
- State Dpt., MSM bail on Benghazi, BUT!
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.