Wednesday Afternoon Palate Cleanser: “Old School” Basketball
Of course, the joke in this video is that the “old school Uncle Drew” is actually Cavs Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving.
The larger pretense was that they were filming a documentary of another basketball player [in on the joke] and he brought along “Uncle Drew” who enters the pickup game.
Besides the good fun of watch Uncle Drew eventually dunk on some good young amateurs, what I especially appreciated was the overwhelmingly superior quickness and ball handling skills of a professional, as opposed to people who just love to play hoops. There’s no comparison—and along about the 2.20 mark, viewers recognize that.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sweet lyrics and you can goose step to it!
- America’s Coming Demographic Disaster
- Legalism overpowers grace in women’s “choices”
- A question about Pew’s “Breadwinner Moms”
- A Few Notes About the Boy Scouts Decision
- Sending “the LGBT soufflé back to the kitchen”
- SBC Expected to Disaffiliate with Boy Scouts
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.