Peter Jensen on ABC’s Q&A
I had the great privilege and, as it turned out, pleasure, to be in the studio audience for the ABC‘s live panel show Q&A. The panel last night included ArchBishop Peter Jensen who was set against “comedian” Catherine Deveny and a number of other panelists who faded away into relative insignificance given the “dialogue” that would develop (and by “dialogue” I mean that at least one party was prepared to give the other a fair hearing, if only they could have had something substantial to respond to).
The show was truly fascinating, dealing with a number of important subjects and ending quite wonderfully - at least you might think so if you are a Christian. Two things to look out for - the way Jensen handles himself and manages to get a clear exposition of the gospel in (despite the constant interruption), and my shiny head. Watch it here.
I left the studio delighted. Perhaps we might have minor criticisms of things that should or shouldn’t have been said by Jensen but that was a polished display and, as John Dickson notes,
Deveney speaks to Jensen mockingly. Jensen doesn’t respond in kind. There’s a worldview in operation.— John Dickson (@johnpauldickson) September 10, 2012
Here‘s also what Nathan has to say about it
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Is Prince Charles ready to defend THE faith?
- Handel’s Messiah - An Annotated Libretto
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.