Obamacare Described in One (Rather Long) Sentence
It takes an M.D. to reduce the monstrosity that is Obamacare to just one sentence for us. That sentence is, to be sure, rather long, but the statute is 1,000,000 times longer. So please listen to the one-sentence summary of Obamacare given at an Illinois rally for Romney by Dr. Barbara Bellar, who is the Republican candidate in her district for the Illinois State Senate. Below the video, I give a transcription (H/T: Ed Morrisey, of HotAir), so that you can follow her delivery of this gem:
So, let me get this straight. This is a long sentence. We’re going to be gifted with a healthcare plan [which] we are forced to purchase and fined if we don’t, which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people without adding a single new doctor but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a Congress that didn’t read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President who smokes — [laughter] — same sentence! — with funding administered by a Treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese — [laughter] — and finally, financed by a country that’s broke.
Oh—and be sure to catch her tagline at the end!
That about sums up where we are. That we have gotten to this point is a national disgrace.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Center for Medical Progress Statement on Suppression of Abortion Videos
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
- How Much is Planned Parenthood Costing You?
- 41 Companies that Donate to Planned Parenthood UPDATED
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- Obama Administration Massive Collection of Race Database
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.