Chicago Alderman Continues to Bully Chick-Fil-A Over Gay Marriage
Chick-fil-A, in a statement Thursday, affirmed the workplace protections. Friday, however, company President Dan Cathy denied the company has ceased making donations to groups that oppose gay marriage and said Chick-fil-A “made no such concessions.”
“There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago,” Cathy said in a statement to Mike Huckabee, the former Republican presidential candidate who now runs a conservative website. “That is incorrect.”
Moreno said Sunday that Cathy’s statement “at the least, muddied the progress we had made with Chick-fil-A and, at the worst, contradicted the documents and promises Chick-fil-A made to me and the community earlier this month.”
Moreno said Chick-fil-A executives gave him a letter earlier this year saying the company’s non-profit arm, the WinShape Foundation, will not support organizations with political agendas. “We were told that these organizations included groups that politically work against the rights of gay and lesbian people,” Moreno said.
Moreno is a thug, and Chick-Fil-A should be investigating its legal options against him.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- And the Hits (to the First Amendment) Just Keep On Coming
- IRS Asks For “Content of Prayers”
- They lived not only in ages past (South Sudan news)
- Hey Anglicans, hearing the Benghazi testimony, how ‘bout that IX Commandment?
- Religions Not Accepting of Everybody
- UPDATED: Act of Faith Costs Track Team Win and Trip to Championship
- Are Military Chaplains in Danger of Court Martial?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.