Avoiding the Truth at All Costs
This is painful to watch. Joel Osteen tries every tactic in the book to avoid saying, clearly, yes the bible teaches homosexual behavior is sinful and the homosexual desire is disordered.This is what happens when you build a career on “trying to be positive” rather than the gospel which, necessarily, carries negative warning as well as joyful promise. There are so many simple clear answers Joel could have given were he not working so hard to avoid them.
Compare and contrast with John Macarthur on Larry King. Whatever else you might say or think about Macarthur, he’s bold, firm and pastoral in response to similar questioning not only by King but by the gay man seated on his right.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A Fabulous Resource for Same-Sex-Attracted Christians and Their Friends & Allies
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Grown Methodist Children Throw Temper Tantrum
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- Methodist Pastor Found Guilty, Gets Wrist Slapped
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.