Chinese Hackers Breach White House Government Computers
White House sources partly confirmed an alarming report that U.S. government computers—reportedly including systems used by the military for nuclear commands—were breached by Chinese hackers.
“This was a spear phishing attack against an unclassified network,” a White House official told FoxNews.com. “These types of attacks are not infrequent and we have mitigation measures in place.”
A law enforcement official who works with members of the White House Military Office confirmed the Chinese attack to FoxNews.com on Monday, but it remains unclear what information, if any, was taken or left behind.
“This [White House Communications Agency] guy opened an email he wasn’t supposed to open,” the source said.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- Ohio State U. research challenges Obamacare assumption
- Dan Savage is right
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- North Korea Executes 80 Citizens
- Cold War Veteran non-heroic reflection
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.