Who Wants to be a Foreign Dipolmat?
Who wants to be a foreign
ABC News has obtained an internal State Department email from May 3, 2012, indicating that the State Department denied a request from the security team at the Embassy of Libya to retain a DC-3 airplane in the country to better conduct their duties.
Copied on the email was U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, who was killed in a terrorist attack on the diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, Sept. 11, 2012, along with three other Americans. That attack has prompted questions about whether the diplomatic personnel in that country were provided with adequate security support.
No one has yet to argue that the DC-3 would have definitively made a difference for the four Americans killed that night. The security team in question, after all, left Libya in August.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Ohio State U. research challenges Obamacare assumption
- Dan Savage is right
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- North Korea Executes 80 Citizens
- Cold War Veteran non-heroic reflection
- The Authoritarian Dan Savage - “Compulsory Abortion for 30 Years”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.