Struggling with Same Sex Attraction
Yesterday at Good Shepherd we started a four part Christian Education series on the topic homosexuality. The purpose of the series is to gain a deeper understanding of the experience of same sex attraction so that we can reach out to our family members, friends, and neighbors who struggle with it while remaining true to biblical principles.
Because a sizable portion of the congregation I serve, more than 1/3rd, have joined over the last three years (after we left the Episcopal Church) and thus were not present for the many discussions of this issue leading up to our departure, the series begins with a basic discussion of the principle biblical texts.
The first session is entitled: Same Sex Attraction and the Bible. You can listen to it below:
Next week Melissa Ingraham, a local Christian woman who once identified as a lesbian, will take us through the science/psychology of same sex attraction. In week three, Melissa’s husband Garry will talk through his own struggles with same sex attraction. Week four Melissa will speak about her struggles as well. Garry and Melissa, two people who are not supposed to exist.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A Fabulous Resource for Same-Sex-Attracted Christians and Their Friends & Allies
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Grown Methodist Children Throw Temper Tantrum
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- Methodist Pastor Found Guilty, Gets Wrist Slapped
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.