Rennis Ponniah installed as Bishop of Singapore
from the Straits Times
In a ceremony steeped in tradition, the Anglican Church here received a new head when the Right Reverend Rennis Ponniah was installed as its new bishop on Saturday night.
The almost three-hour-long service at St Andrew’s Cathedral was attended by more than 2,500 people, including dignitaries, politicians, leaders of other Christian denominations and Anglican clergy from all over the world.
President Tony Tan Keng Yam and his wife Mary, both Anglicans, were present, as were MPs Lawrence Wong and Christopher De Souza, and former politicians Seet Ai Mee and Lim Hwee Hua.
Bishop Ponniah, who is married with four children, will be the ninth Bishop of Singapore.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- Breaking News*Archbishop Wabukala to Give a Defense of the GAFCON Movement Tonight in South Carolina
- GAFCON 2 - List of Attending Primates
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.