Rennis Ponniah installed as Bishop of Singapore
from the Straits Times
In a ceremony steeped in tradition, the Anglican Church here received a new head when the Right Reverend Rennis Ponniah was installed as its new bishop on Saturday night.
The almost three-hour-long service at St Andrew’s Cathedral was attended by more than 2,500 people, including dignitaries, politicians, leaders of other Christian denominations and Anglican clergy from all over the world.
President Tony Tan Keng Yam and his wife Mary, both Anglicans, were present, as were MPs Lawrence Wong and Christopher De Souza, and former politicians Seet Ai Mee and Lim Hwee Hua.
Bishop Ponniah, who is married with four children, will be the ninth Bishop of Singapore.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Global South Steering Committee Accepts Oversight Request from South Carolina
- When it comes to Genocide
- So NOW Putin keeps his shirt on?
- Man in Silly Hat Practices Moral Equivalence
- Giles Fraser, Supporter of Hamas
- LGBT Activist Threatens to Blackmail CoE Bishops
- Dr. Al Mohler on Church of England Decision to Ordain Women Bishops
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.