Rennis Ponniah installed as Bishop of Singapore
from the Straits Times
In a ceremony steeped in tradition, the Anglican Church here received a new head when the Right Reverend Rennis Ponniah was installed as its new bishop on Saturday night.
The almost three-hour-long service at St Andrew’s Cathedral was attended by more than 2,500 people, including dignitaries, politicians, leaders of other Christian denominations and Anglican clergy from all over the world.
President Tony Tan Keng Yam and his wife Mary, both Anglicans, were present, as were MPs Lawrence Wong and Christopher De Souza, and former politicians Seet Ai Mee and Lim Hwee Hua.
Bishop Ponniah, who is married with four children, will be the ninth Bishop of Singapore.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] New Diocese of Gippsland Appointment Raises Fresh Concerns
- Nigeria rescues 178 from Boko Haram
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
- The Cross Lady and the Man With the Stick
- [CofE] Buckinghamshire Anglo-Catholic Clergy join Evangelicals in Protesting against Bp Alan Wilson
- [CofE] Prominent Oxford Diocese Evangelicals call for the resignation of Bishop Alan Wilson
- Bishop Alan Wilson (Buckingham) no longer has confidence of his own clergy
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.