Reformation Day - 2 Gems from Luther
Yes, it’s Reformation Day and so here’s some Luther.
Next, my favourite Luther quote ever - for what I hope are obvious reasons!
We should preach the Word, but the results must be left solely to God’s good pleasure . . . I opposed indulgences and all the papists, but never with force. I simply taught, preached, and wrote God’s Word; otherwise I did nothing. And while I slept, or drank Wittenberg beer with my friends Philip and Amsdorf, the Word so greatly weakened the papacy that no prince or emperor ever inflicted such losses upon it. I did nothing; the Word did everything (LW 51:77).
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Has America Sold Her Christian Soul?
- RC Archbishop Calls For Supporters of Same Sex Marriage to Refrain from Communion
- How to Take Down a Straying Prelate
- Sydney Archbishop Glenn Davies Calls Christians to Gracious Engagement in Marriage Debate
- Book Review: raised forever: Jesus’ Resurrection and ours by Rory Shiner
- Do as I Say, Not as I Do
- Braxton’s Lear Returns!!
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.