Reformation Day - 2 Gems from Luther
Yes, it’s Reformation Day and so here’s some Luther.
Next, my favourite Luther quote ever - for what I hope are obvious reasons!
We should preach the Word, but the results must be left solely to God’s good pleasure . . . I opposed indulgences and all the papists, but never with force. I simply taught, preached, and wrote God’s Word; otherwise I did nothing. And while I slept, or drank Wittenberg beer with my friends Philip and Amsdorf, the Word so greatly weakened the papacy that no prince or emperor ever inflicted such losses upon it. I did nothing; the Word did everything (LW 51:77).
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- You know that abortion/capital punishment symmetry argument? UPDATED
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Ashley Null
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Archbishop Eliud Wabukala of Kenya
- When Athletic Directors Do Theology
- Obama and “Affordable Plumbing”: a Parable
- Abusing an Argument? Thinking Harder About Domestic Violence and the Church
- Nobody wants to be a loser
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.