Reformation Day - 2 Gems from Luther
Yes, it’s Reformation Day and so here’s some Luther.
Next, my favourite Luther quote ever - for what I hope are obvious reasons!
We should preach the Word, but the results must be left solely to God’s good pleasure . . . I opposed indulgences and all the papists, but never with force. I simply taught, preached, and wrote God’s Word; otherwise I did nothing. And while I slept, or drank Wittenberg beer with my friends Philip and Amsdorf, the Word so greatly weakened the papacy that no prince or emperor ever inflicted such losses upon it. I did nothing; the Word did everything (LW 51:77).
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Horus Reads the Internet
- LifeSite: Cardinal Burke says statement from Pope Francis… is ‘long overdue’
- American decadence plus Mexican fatalism equals terror, tyranny
- The Gospel, the Gospels and Rome - Where Do We Draw the Line?
- David vs Goliath, Chandler vs Furtick
- Comments on Sunday’s Service
- Does admiration of cool sins sabotage real repentance?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.