Reformation Day - 2 Gems from Luther
Yes, it’s Reformation Day and so here’s some Luther.
Next, my favourite Luther quote ever - for what I hope are obvious reasons!
We should preach the Word, but the results must be left solely to God’s good pleasure . . . I opposed indulgences and all the papists, but never with force. I simply taught, preached, and wrote God’s Word; otherwise I did nothing. And while I slept, or drank Wittenberg beer with my friends Philip and Amsdorf, the Word so greatly weakened the papacy that no prince or emperor ever inflicted such losses upon it. I did nothing; the Word did everything (LW 51:77).
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- University Moves to Fire Professor Over Conservative Views
- Wednesday Morning Refresher
- Antonin Scalia, RIP
- Commercial Dares to Portray Unborn as Human
- Iron Sharpens Iron interview on Anglicanism past, present and future
- On Attempts to Rewrite the Bible
- UPDATED: Wheaton College Professor Dons Hi-Jab in Solidarity with Muslims
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.