We call it Title IV, tovarisch
MOSCOW, Nov 14 (Reuters) - Russia enacted a new treason law on Wednesday, alarming opponents of President Vladimir Putin who fear he will use it to silence critics and - in a reminder of the Soviet past - put at risk almost anyone who associates with foreigners.
Now that sounds familiar,
“The episcopal defendants in the Fort Worth 7 case have been charged with fraud, financial misconduct and failing to inform on their fellow bishops who held opinions on church order contrary to those advocated by Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Worst Kind of Willful Ignorance
- Same Sex Marriage Comes to Falls Church
- Global South Steering Committee Accepts Oversight Request from South Carolina
- When it comes to Genocide
- Presiding Bishop Rules out Settlement; San Joaquin to Appeal
- Are We Ignoring the Lessons Of Auschwitz?
- So NOW Putin keeps his shirt on?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.