Posing with a deer the other guy shot
The American Humanist Association has a “kids without God” thingy going on.
They have this new billboard going up here and there.
Here’s what I think:
The teen years are well known as a season of questioning and rejecting. Teens dabble in and change beliefs (or ignore them altogether) like they change hand-held devices. (I was going to say “as often as they change shirts, but at least with boys that’s not always very frequent.) Teens stretch toward adulthood by differentiating from parents, and part of that experimental process is doubting and challenging received stuff that was there “because my parents said so.”
So when the American Humanist Association puffs up and proclaims that teens all across the land are responding to a “doubt and questioning” campaign, it is a lot like me posing with a deer shot by some other hunter, then posting the picture all over Facebook as my own achievement.
Cynical bullcrap, in other words.
Ahh, the American Humanists. Great intellects and moral giants, every blessed one.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
- NJ teen an icon of the PB, legal team and their enablers?
- Keeping the Main Thing Completely Peripheral
- How to Speak Postmodernism - A Guide for all Theological Liberals
- Why I Don’t Buy Girl Scout Cookies
- “How am I gonna be an optimist about this?”
- Episcopal group circulates lie refuted in NY Times
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.