Some good reminders of the consequences of Obamacare, from NRO where there is more:
The people of the United States ensured an Obamacare future by apparently reelecting President Obama and maintaining a Democratic Senate. Here are the immediate consequences:
1. The IPAB will go into effect: As I have written, IPAB is the cornerstone of a planned bureaucratic state. The only way now to thwart that is pure obstructionism. First, by filibustering the nominations that President Obama will make to the Board. Not going to happen. Second, by defunding. Even though the House will stay Republican, I don’t see them taking that route on what, to most people, is an abstract issue.
2. The attack on religious freedom will continue: The Obama Administration is an implacable foe of faith operating outside the four walls of church or cloister. Don’t look for the president to offer religious institutions who oppose the free birth control rule anything other than lip service to accommodation of religious institutions. Businesses will be forced to take their cause to the Supreme Court. Don’t count on help there, as the technocratic statists control the court 5-4, perhaps 6-3. Eventually, we will see a free abortion rule.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- They lived not only in ages past (South Sudan news)
- When Will Republicans Understand Free Market Healthcare?
- Exposing Works of Darkness II: 72 Members of Congress Confront MSM
- Exposing Works of Darkness: There’s New Cover for Pedophiles
- The New Biology: Gay Infertility
- The Media’s “Republicans Have No Obamacare Replacement” Myth
- Unlike ObamaCare, the Republican Plan Will Work
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.