‘Love Wins’ raised hell for Rob Bell at Mars Hill
This is precisely what a good congregation does when their beloved pastor turns from the truth…send him packing.
Fallout from Rob Bell’s bestselling “Love Wins” book pushed him to leave the West Michigan megachurch he founded, according to The New Yorker. And the television show Bell went to work on in California has stalled, Kelefa Sanneh writes in the magazine’s Nov. 26 issue.
In a profile of Bell called “The Hell-Raiser,” Sanneh chronicles the former Mars Hill Bible Church pastor’s personal “search for a more forgiving faith,” and concludes that he might fit better on the beaches of southern California than in a West Michigan pulpit.
The article states that Bell’s controversial book about the existence of hell “put pressure on the people around Bell, who found themselves having to defend statements they might never have heard, let alone approved…more
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Friday Refresher Courtesy of the U.S. Marines
- Denmark, Standing for What’s Truly Important
- Newest From CMP: “It’s a Boy!”
- The Empire Strikes Back With Judicial Collaboration (UPDATED)
- Nothing New under the Sun
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.