In Light of the Purge, House Conservatives Must Unite
From RedState, where there is more:
Well, that was quick. After denying that conservatives were thrown off committee spots for ideological purposes, Boehner now admitted it in front of his conference, according to The Hill:
Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) warned his conference on Wednesday that leaders are “watching” how the rank-and-file vote to determine committee assignments, according to sources in the closed-door meeting.
Boehner addressed the firestorm over the removal of four lawmakers from plum committee assignments at the weekly GOP conference meeting.
According to Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.), one of the lawmakers denied a spot on his current committee in the next Congress, Boehner did note “that we [leadership] have punished four members, he claimed that it had nothing to do with their conservative ideology, but had to do with their voting patterns.”
Also removed from committee spots were Reps. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), Walter Jones (R-N.C.) and David Schweikert (Ariz.).
Huelskamp added that Boehner warned GOP lawmakers that “there may be more folks that will be targeted … ‘we’re watching all your votes.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- At terror confab, Obama SPOX calls out “Christian militants”
- Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg Forces SF Retraction
- President’s Prayer Breakfast remarks all diagnosis, no treatment
- Islam amplifies blasphemy
- Political Startup Ranks the Most Conservative, Liberal 2016 Candidates
- [OPEN THREAD] PB, Episcopal bishops offer support to President’s Immigration Executive Action
- Episcopalians for Death updates
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.