New Wine’s Comment on the Women Bishops Synod Vote
A very depressing letter from evangelicals in the Church of England of the more charismatic side of the aisle—note that there is nary a mention of the needs of conservative evangelicals and AngloCatholics. I’m amazed at the disinterest by people who, by all accounts, believe the Gospel. I’m not quoting the section that contains this line—“the world’s astonished and disbelieving reaction to this unfortunate decision”—but what a tellingly demonstrative one it is. As if somehow the world’s astonishment is an indictment of the Church’s decisions.
I would like to express my deep disappointment over the vote in General Synod this week, my belief in women Bishops, my empathy with ordained women in their pain, and my support for them in their current ministry.
At the beginning of the day of the debate at General Synod I tweeted: “Another big day for Anglicans -10 days ago a new Archbishop. Today women Bishops? In my view it’s time to say Yes! But love those who disagree.”
After the vote was announced I tweeted: “Really disappointed re Synod vote against women Bishops. Once again asking women clergy to forgive us & pledging to pray for change ASAP.”
My view and support of them is shared by others in the New Wine Leadership Team: ...
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- UK “journalists” distort study to advocate for LGBT church
- [Updated] Breaking News: The Marriage Pledge
- Bishop Ken Short’s Funeral - Livestream
- Sydney Anglican Synod Motion on Anglican Communion
- Is the ACNA Part of the Anglican Communion?
- The Gospel, the Gospels and Rome - Where Do We Draw the Line?
- Diocese of NW Australia Recognises ACNA as “a member church of the Anglican Communion”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.