Pray for Newtown in the Face of Extreme Provocation
I’m not usually tempted to imitate Elijah on Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18) when I read the news, but if the Lord were to send down fire and destroy these people...let’s just say that I wouldn’t shed any tears:
On Saturday, Shirley Phelps-Roper – a member of the extremely controversial Westboro Baptist Church - messaged with a tweet on the social media platform of Twitter:
“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment.”
The message on Twitter was sent the day after 20 children and six adults were killed by Adam Lanza in the horrific massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
My hope is that every person who lives within ten miles of Newtown, and many more besides, will form a cordon around the school that is so large that it prevents the Westboor haters from so much as getting into the town.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sanctity of Life Prayer Offered in Sioux Falls
- What Should Be the Focus of a Seminary that Claims to be Christian?
- “Without the virgin birth, there is no explanation for the incarnation”
- I am Second - The Robertsons
- Science, reason, space aliens and Laodiceans
- Is the New Leader of the Southern Baptist Convention Sounding Retreat?
- “Gay Weddings” - Attending IS Affirming
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.