All Saints’, Pasadena (L.A.) - “The Unitarians would never have done that…”
Just had a phone chat with a friend back in SoCal. This is a self-described “spiritual, not religious” sort who attended a Unitarian Church and has looked into Buddhism. Also self-describes as a “liberal.”
Well, this friend recently attended liberal flagship All Saints’, Pasadena, home of Episco-types Ed Bacon, Susan Russell and so on.
The call went like this,
Friend: “So I went to All Saints’ a few weeks ago.”
Me: “What, Pasadena?”
Friend: “Yeah. What the hell was THAT?”
Me: Yeah, they can be kinda weird.
Friend: “No, really, that was friggin’ out there. I mean, I’m liberal, but this was just ramming it down everybody’s throat the whole time. Even the - whaddaya call it? LIE-tur-gee? It was all politics.”
Me: Yeah, well…
Friend: I mean, the Unitarians would never have done that…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- DioFW Statement on Property Case Ruling
- ECUSA and Freedom of Association: a Showdown Is Due
- BREAKING: Fort Worth Wins Big
- Nobody wants to be a loser
- SC Judge Makes Short Shrift of ECUSA’s Motion
- Quincy Court to TEC: “Plaintiffs Won—Quit Your Bad-Faith Maneuvers ... Now!”
- Fort Worth Case Argued before Judge Chupp
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.