All Saints’, Pasadena (L.A.) - “The Unitarians would never have done that…”
Just had a phone chat with a friend back in SoCal. This is a self-described “spiritual, not religious” sort who attended a Unitarian Church and has looked into Buddhism. Also self-describes as a “liberal.”
Well, this friend recently attended liberal flagship All Saints’, Pasadena, home of Episco-types Ed Bacon, Susan Russell and so on.
The call went like this,
Friend: “So I went to All Saints’ a few weeks ago.”
Me: “What, Pasadena?”
Friend: “Yeah. What the hell was THAT?”
Me: Yeah, they can be kinda weird.
Friend: “No, really, that was friggin’ out there. I mean, I’m liberal, but this was just ramming it down everybody’s throat the whole time. Even the - whaddaya call it? LIE-tur-gee? It was all politics.”
Me: Yeah, well…
Friend: I mean, the Unitarians would never have done that…
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Satan After School Club
- A Day in the Life of Religion of Peace Cleric: Pulverize, Kill and Subjugate
- Progessives Tip Hand at Plans for Basketful of Deplorables
- Bishop Bruno, the Consummate Hypocrite
- Plebiscites, Popular Votes, Principles, Presumptions and Pragmatics
- THIS is the Alternative? (UPDATED)
- Going the Full Godwin
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.