Archbishop Calls for Roman Catholics in UK to Oppose Gay Marriage “Clearly, Calmly and Forcefully”
Nichols says he is concerned about how a change in the law would affect what children are taught about marriage.
He says he wants members of Parliament to “defend, not change, the bond of man and woman in marriage as the essential element of the vision of the family.”
Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative-led government plans to introduce legislation in January to allow gay marriages. Recent opinion polls suggest a large majority of the public supports the change.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
- NJ teen an icon of the PB, legal team and their enablers?
- Keeping the Main Thing Completely Peripheral
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- How to Speak Postmodernism - A Guide for all Theological Liberals
- Coming Soon to a Country Near You (UPDATED)
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.