Archbishop Calls for Roman Catholics in UK to Oppose Gay Marriage “Clearly, Calmly and Forcefully”
Nichols says he is concerned about how a change in the law would affect what children are taught about marriage.
He says he wants members of Parliament to “defend, not change, the bond of man and woman in marriage as the essential element of the vision of the family.”
Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative-led government plans to introduce legislation in January to allow gay marriages. Recent opinion polls suggest a large majority of the public supports the change.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
- Your tax dollars at work in Baltamerica
- [Bumped] Promises, Promises: What Now for the Loyal Opposition in Mississippi?
- A Prayer: Going to the tenant in my slum
- [Bumped] Breaking: Bishop of Mississippi Breaks Long-Time Promise, Allows Same-Sex Blessings
- Waldo To Approve Same Sex Blessings: Truth & Consequences in the Diocese of Upper South Carolina
- History of Baltimore “Rough Rides” vs. Narrative Reporting
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.