Archbishop Calls for Roman Catholics in UK to Oppose Gay Marriage “Clearly, Calmly and Forcefully”
Nichols says he is concerned about how a change in the law would affect what children are taught about marriage.
He says he wants members of Parliament to “defend, not change, the bond of man and woman in marriage as the essential element of the vision of the family.”
Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative-led government plans to introduce legislation in January to allow gay marriages. Recent opinion polls suggest a large majority of the public supports the change.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Jurgen Liias’s Move to Rome: A Spiritual Autobiography
- Pre-teen Pedophile Victim Forced by Rapist to Get Abortion at Planned Parenthood
- Sam Allberry - Is God Anti-Gay? [video]
- TEC Minnesota gives local option for same sex marriage
- More from the IX Commandment beat
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Andrew Wilson and Rob Bell on Unbelievable
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.