Archbishop Calls for Roman Catholics in UK to Oppose Gay Marriage “Clearly, Calmly and Forcefully”
Nichols says he is concerned about how a change in the law would affect what children are taught about marriage.
He says he wants members of Parliament to “defend, not change, the bond of man and woman in marriage as the essential element of the vision of the family.”
Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative-led government plans to introduce legislation in January to allow gay marriages. Recent opinion polls suggest a large majority of the public supports the change.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Is Obama Warning Christians GLBT “Rights” Outweigh Religious Freedom
- Do as I Say, Not as I Do
- Hashtag Shout Your Abortion
- Braxton’s Lear Returns!!
- Uh-oh: Is Kim Davis in Trouble with the Law Again?
- Primates’ Meeting: It Still All Comes Down to What Welby Will Do
- GAFCON responds to the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Invitation
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.