Archbishop Calls for Roman Catholics in UK to Oppose Gay Marriage “Clearly, Calmly and Forcefully”
Nichols says he is concerned about how a change in the law would affect what children are taught about marriage.
He says he wants members of Parliament to “defend, not change, the bond of man and woman in marriage as the essential element of the vision of the family.”
Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative-led government plans to introduce legislation in January to allow gay marriages. Recent opinion polls suggest a large majority of the public supports the change.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Wycliffe Hall Principal Writes “to put the record straight”
- Commercial Dares to Portray Unborn as Human
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
- [CofE] Controversial Chapel Invitation Brings Tensions to Wycliffe Hall Oxford
- Middle School Kids Sharing Nude Photos
- Islamic State Destroys Oldest Christian Monastery in Iraq
- Who Dares Call It by Name?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.