The Gun Thing, Part III: Technology
Third in the series of what kind of exquisite nonsense to expect from anti-gun loons in the coming months.
The Second Amendment is not limited to muskets, or for that matter any particular type of late-18th century firearm technology. Anyone who says this has actually done you a favor, because he has identified himself as someone of highly questionable intelligence, thereby sparing you the suspense of wondering any longer.
For one, the word “musket” is found nowhere in the wording of 2A.
For another, the Founding Fathers were well aware that all technology, including firearm technology, undergoes continual change. They had seen for themselves remarkable advancements in firearm technology just in the span of their own lifetimes, and they were well aware of the technological evolution of firearms before they were born. It defies belief that they were incapable of imagining a future in which firearm technology ceased to evolve. But hard as it is for them to believe, it was in fact something people living in the 18th-century were unaware of, especially intellectual giants like Washington, Jefferson, Madison, and Adams.
To assert that they intended 2A to freeze in technological amber the firearms of the 1780’s is not only to ignore the clear intent of the amendment, but it’s something liberals have simply pulled out of their collective derriere. It is meaningless and stupid, and is best met with a show of pity and derisive laughter.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- You Aren’t Going to Believe Your Lying Eyes, Are You?
- If a “red state” gives prenatal care to illegal immigrants, will liberals notice?
- Episcopal group circulates lie refuted in NY Times
- Somewhere, Mike Huckabee is Beating His Head Against a Wall
- Sanctity of Life Prayer Offered in Sioux Falls
- President Obama’s Imaginary Son Would Not Have Played Football
- Shocker: WH Claims Ignorance on NSA Surveillance
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.