Diocese of Georgia Proposes to Bow to the Culture
The Diocese of Georgia is getting ready for its annual convention, like many dioceses around the country. I wonder how many of them will have this on their agenda?
Replace Title IV, Canon 1—Ethical Standards
The proposed change would replace the current text of Title IV, Canon 1
Ethical Canon Draft Revision for the Diocese of Georgia’s Title IV, Canon 1 (“Ethical Standards”) currently reads: “Marriage between a man and a woman or abstinence from sexual activity are the only acceptable forms of sexual behavior for a Deacon, Priest or Bishop in the Diocese of Georgia.”
The proposed substitute from the Committee on Constitution & Canons is as follows:
Deacons, Priests, and Bishops in the Diocese of Georgia are called to be wholesome examples to the Church exhibiting the teachings and virtues of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Their personal lives must manifest faithfulness, monogamy, life-long commitment, mutual caring, and the healthy care of themselves and their families. Their public lives must show financial honesty, confidentiality as required, respect of interpersonal and professional boundaries, and the avoidance of fraud, deceit, or deliberate misrepresentations.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [CofE] A Storm is Brewing in Southwark Diocese
- Mere Anglicanism 2015: a Report (II)
- Mere Anglicanism 2015: a Report (I)
- [OPEN THREAD] PB, Episcopal bishops offer support to President’s Immigration Executive Action
- Bishop Cook posts $2.5M bond, released from jail
- Maryland Priest Pens Letter to Parish about Heather Cook
- Heather Cook Remains Imprisoned; Judge Refuses to Lower $2.5M Bail
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.