[Bumped] Breaking: Bishop of Mississippi Breaks Long-Time Promise, Allows Same-Sex Blessings
[Bumped for obvious reasons—Episcopal revisionist bishops lie.]
Update: We are told the bishop will use his address to the annual council tonight at 8:00pm to announce that he will allow same-sex blessings under a plan similar to the one in the Diocese of Texas. Parishes wishing to perform same-sex blessings will need their vestries to pass a resolution, which the rector may present to the bishop, who will have the final decision.
Update: Here is the text of Bishop Gray’s letter to the diocese following the 2012 General Convention in Indianapolis, in which he states he does not intend to use the liturgy approved for same-sex blessings in the diocese.
Update: Gray acknowledges, and apologizes for, betraying certain people. This is a reference to the many priests to whom he’s given his word that he would never allow same-sex blessings in the diocese. Many of these priests have planned their lives and staked their futures on this promise, and on it defended the bishop against a chorus of criticisms over the years from their parishioners.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Liberals to United Methodist Church: Drop Dead (THIRD UPDATE)
- San Joaquin Appeal Rebuffed by California Supreme Court
- Don’t Support the Media’s Memes
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- ACLU Leader Quits After Daughters Encounter Men in Women’s Restroom
- Genderqueer, Australian Flags, Trump, Baal; Pots and Kettles
- ECUSA Loses (Again) in Quincy; San Joaquin Seeks Review [UPDATED]
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.