[Bumped] Breaking: Bishop of Mississippi Breaks Long-Time Promise, Allows Same-Sex Blessings
[Bumped for obvious reasons—Episcopal revisionist bishops lie.]
Update: We are told the bishop will use his address to the annual council tonight at 8:00pm to announce that he will allow same-sex blessings under a plan similar to the one in the Diocese of Texas. Parishes wishing to perform same-sex blessings will need their vestries to pass a resolution, which the rector may present to the bishop, who will have the final decision.
Update: Here is the text of Bishop Gray’s letter to the diocese following the 2012 General Convention in Indianapolis, in which he states he does not intend to use the liturgy approved for same-sex blessings in the diocese.
Update: Gray acknowledges, and apologizes for, betraying certain people. This is a reference to the many priests to whom he’s given his word that he would never allow same-sex blessings in the diocese. Many of these priests have planned their lives and staked their futures on this promise, and on it defended the bishop against a chorus of criticisms over the years from their parishioners.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
- Look! A squirrel! (Sermon on John 6:1-21)
- Final Judgment Entered in Fort Worth Case
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- On Valorizing Gay Marriage: A Response to Wesley Hill
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
- Busting Paltry Prayer Time
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.