A modest proposal for making Justin Welby a true shepherd of his flock
There would be, of course, political implications should the institution of marriage be redefined in Great Britain (not to mention the United States or any other western nation). However, the deeper issue for Welby is the spiritual consequences for a nation which willfully, and arrogantly, thumbs its nose at the law of God. If the new archbishop wishes to be a true shepherd to his flock, in fact and not just in name, he should use the spiritual prestige of his office to shift the conversation away from false notions of “equality” and “tolerance” and toward real notions of reverence for God and the social order which he has ordained.
To benighted politicians like David Cameron, Archbishop Welby should issue a gentle but firm admonition that a fallen world does not redeem itself by giving in to its very fallenness. Redemption comes only through surrendering to Christ and following him obediently, even to the cross. It may be asking too much of a politician to make such a sacrifice. It is not asking too much of the spiritual leader of 80 million Anglicans, however, to take up his cross and boldly proclaim the only message that will save England, America, and every nation, tribe, people, and tongue.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- Pray for the Ugley Vicar
- Rev. Rod Bower of Gosford: Jesus Didn’t Die for Our Sins and Atheists can be “Kingdom People”
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- A Statement Concerning the Consecration of Rev Dr Sarah Macneil in the Anglican Diocese of Grafton
- 60 Theses on Real Integrity in the Anglican Church
- The Church of England: Permitting Pastoral Malpractice
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.