UK Parliament overwhelmingly passes gay ‘marriage’ bill
The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children, one of the leaders in the fight to defend marriage, told LSN today that the fight is not over, and that those involved in the fight for marriage are continuing to rally support at the grassroots. SPUC commended the pro-family MPs who opposed the bill, who came largely from the government’s own backbench MPs.
In today’s 6-hour debate, Tory MP Roger Gale summed up the position of those opposed to the change, saying it had nothing to do with “equality” but with the objective reality of marriage.
“It is not possible to redefine marriage,” Gale said. “Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, has been historically, remains so. It is Alice in Wonderland territory, Orwellian almost, for any Government of any political persuasion to seek to come along and try to re-write the lexicon. It will not do.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] Nexus Conference Monday 23 May 2016 Livestream
- Are Your State Dollars Paying for Abortion?
- DOJ Issues Threats to Schools
- What’s Wrong with the Law, and in Particular with Harvard Law School
- Eve of Extinction for Christians in Syria?
- NC Takes on Feds
- Group Seeks to Cancel National Day of Prayer at Marine Corp University
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.