UK Parliament overwhelmingly passes gay ‘marriage’ bill
The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children, one of the leaders in the fight to defend marriage, told LSN today that the fight is not over, and that those involved in the fight for marriage are continuing to rally support at the grassroots. SPUC commended the pro-family MPs who opposed the bill, who came largely from the government’s own backbench MPs.
In today’s 6-hour debate, Tory MP Roger Gale summed up the position of those opposed to the change, saying it had nothing to do with “equality” but with the objective reality of marriage.
“It is not possible to redefine marriage,” Gale said. “Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, has been historically, remains so. It is Alice in Wonderland territory, Orwellian almost, for any Government of any political persuasion to seek to come along and try to re-write the lexicon. It will not do.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Egregiously Stupid Comment Contest Reopened
- Dr. Mohler: The Osteen Predicament—Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
- Peggy Noonan’s Tribute to Joan Rivers
- California City Mandates Free Marijuana!!
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
- Gay Marchers Approved for St. Patrick’s Day Parade; Cardinal Dolan as Grand Marshall
- Does admiration of cool sins sabotage real repentance?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.